Sunday, March 5, 2017

Amazon Story Playlist and Dogma Movie Review

Today’s Amazon Playlist Revisited and the Dates I did the Reviews. I must head to sleep within 15 minutes of me posting this Amazon Storytelling music playlist and the dates that I reviewed the songs on Amazon (including the reviews).  For personal reasons, I prefer to only share the playlist on googleplus, my tumblr account, and wordpress for now. However, I must make it clear that I am sharing and archiving when I did these reviews as an unofficial creative discovery and with the intent to share eclectic music in a fun and harm-free way.
Amazon Storytelling Playlist
The Voice by The Moody Blues
I actually first heard the Voice Song by The Moody Blues around the time I was 5 or 6 years old. However, I purchased The Best of the Moody Blues on February 8, 2011 and I reviewed it on Amazon on February 11, 2011.
ByStella Carrieron February 11, 2011
Format: Audio CD|Verified Purchase
This compilation is very well-done and put together. You really do get a feel of many of the Moody Blues Greatest Hits. Some of my favorite songs in the collection are:

The Voice: A great and uplifting song about the importance of learning to trust your feelings and inner voice (which helps explain the voice title). The song also sends a positive message that you can create your future however you want.
Your Wildest Dreams: A beautiful song about someone singing about what it felt like to them when they were with their first love, and they wonder if that person thinks about them from time to time.
Nights in White Satin: A beautiful song about being in love.
The Story In Your Eyes: An interesting musical track about living a life to good fortune and good luck.
Steppin in a Slide Zone: What makes this musical number interesting is the time travel references.

My overall favorite song after listening to this compilation is definitely still "The Voice". I have played "The Voice" frequently this week, and it always gives me joyful positive encouragement listening to it. "Your Wildest Dreams" comes in a close second. All the songs in this compilation are very good to listen to. This compilation is worthwhile to get if you like classic rock and/or soft rock.

C’mon Catch Em by Surprise by Diplo, Tiesto, & Busta Rhymes
Unique Club Tune, March 5, 2017
I admit that I discovered this dazzling music collaboration of C’mon (Catch ‘Em by Surprise) by Tiesto vs. Diplo feat. Busta Rhymes online as a recommended video to me through youtube. I decided to take a chance on this song of Tiesto and Diplo collaborating with musician Busta Rhymes due to enjoying and being previously familiar with some of Tiesto’s other music collections/songs (A Town Called Paradise, Club Life Vol. 4 New York City, In Search of Sunrise 5 Los Angeles, 643 Love’s On Fire Song feat. Suzanne Palmer) and previously enjoying the Be Right There song by Diplo & Sleepy Tom in 2015 (I believe is a music nod to Don’t Walk Away by Jade). Anyhow, the high energy beat and the strong vocals by Busta Rhymes ,with the music of Tiesto and Diplo, make it a catchy dance/trance tune that seems to be an amusing song about showing others that you are more than you may appear through ways that are unexpected.
Pain by Three Days Grace
I actually first heard Pain by Three Days Grace when my husband and I were living on onbase housing in Mayport Naval Base Florida (local radio andor television I wish that I could remember if it was tv or radio where I first heard the song around 2006). Anyhow, the following is the Amazon review of this song by the time my husband and I were living in Norfolk, Virginia in November 2008
ByStella Carrieron November 24, 2008
Despite the title, this song is actually a pleasure to listen to. I must first start off by saying how much I love the fact that that Three Days Grace manages to turn a song about love involving pain into a genius art form. This is another fun song that I have on my zune player and I like how he expresses himself when he sings lyric such as "trust me and take my hand" "when the lights go out you will understand" and then the song pauses for s split second before he belts out pain among the right timed guitars to help break the pause. He raises his voice some times during the songs but he does it at the right times in the songs such as in the end of it and at one of my favorite moments in the song when he sings "I'm always here for you" "Iknow, I know, I know, I know that you'll thank me later". The lead singer's awesome voice goes perfect with this song.Anyhow, the interesting thing about this song is that if you would like to listen to a sensual erotic song that falls under the hard rock/alternative rock genre then this song would be a must have in your musical collection. It's been a couple of years since this song came out but I am still enjoying it and I am glad to have it as part of my musical collection. This song is definitely recommended for rock music lovers amd even music lovers that may only be lightly into rock but would like to add something different to their musical collection.

Magic by Robin Thicke
I think that I actually first heard this Magic song by Robin Thicke around 2008/2009 inside a shoe store inside of the MacArthur Center Mall in Norfolk, Virginia.
Style by Taylor Swift
I purchased the 1989 music collection by Taylor Swift on October 14, 2014, which also contains the Style song. The following is my amazon review of the song from November 22, 2014
Taylor Swift Spreads Her Musical Aspirations and Flies, November 22, 2014

I must preface this Taylor Swift review by mentioning that my motives were harm-free when I unintentionally left out that my view of Taylor Swift’s popularity was inspired by reading up about how others also saw her fame rising (in my previous review of her song “Shake It Off”). I must give out credit to multiple people without mentioning them only with good intent and because I first heard of her song “Teardrops On My Guitar” back in 2007 via the radio when I was living in Florida (I also believe that a radio deejay is endorsing the possibility of an artist becoming famous when they play their music on mainstream radio stations. With that said, I had the chance to purchase and enjoy Red by Taylor Swift back in 2012. 1989 by Taylor Swift is even better than Red even with the musical experimentation into having a more poppy/dance sound. I would most likely check out any music video that she releases from 1989. However, I would have to say that in addition to Shake it Off, I also enjoy the following songs the most on 1989: Blank Space, Style, Out Of The Woods, Wildest Dreams, This Love, I Know Places, and Clean. 1989 by Taylor Swift is best for those who have liked any of her previous music offerings and/or enjoy country or poppy dance type music.
Mirrors by Justin Timberlake
Can’t Hold Us (feat. Ray Dalton) by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
Take Me to Church by Hozier
music church of sound, January 8, 2015
I’m lucky to have spotted hozier by hozier at my Walmart job. Yes, take me to church and from eden are great songs. I wouldn’t be surprised as to any of these songs on the hozier cd playing on the radio, although I admit that track five where he is singing about spending quality time with a person that moves him is pretty good.
Utopia by Goldfrapp
Amazon Review of Goldfrapp from February 2012
ByStella Carrieron February 12, 2012
"The Singles" by Goldfrapp are a great collection of musical tracks that display diverse life themes. There are sixteen songs in this edition, and each of them show deep and candid emotion. I have multiple favorite songs in this collection. However, "Happiness" and "Utopia" (Genetically Enriched) are the two musical gems that are a joyful balm to my soul. "The Singles" by Goldfrapp is best for those who like greatest hits collections from the electronica music genres.

Sugar by Maroon 5
Maroon 5 definitely knows how to do romance. My first exposure to their music was when I was stationed in California around the 2004 timeframe. They are known for their quality songs such as This Love, Sunday Morning, and others. However, I confess that I like some of their controversial songs such as She Will Be Loved, Moves Like Jagger, This Summer, Lucky Strike etc.  The following is my December 12, 2014 Amazon Review of the V music collection (deluxe) by Maroon 5
5.0 out of 5 stars 2014 Romantic/Relationship Angle of maroon 5, December 12, 2014
I admit that hearing the song animals on the radio convinced me to eventually get the maroon 5 cd. Imagine my surprise when I saw v by maroon 5 featured at my job and this was another collection where physically seeing a copy compelled me to get the cd. In addition to animals and maps, I would also recommend hearing samples of it was always you and sugar as a way to gauge if you would like the sound of the cd. V by maroon 5 is perfect for those who like pop music with hints of euro-dance.

Who’s That Chick by David Guetta feat. Rihanna

Who's That Chick ? (Feat. Rihanna) [Extended]


ByStella Carrieron January 8, 2015
Format: MP3 Music
whos that chick by david Guetta featuring rihanna touches upon the story of a woman who is both a mysterious enigma and a fascinating person at the same time. The dance and electronic music goes along smoothly with the music collaboration of rihanna explaining the mysterious person in more detail.

ByStella Carrieron January 8, 2015
Format: MP3 Music
whos that chick by david Guetta featuring rihanna touches upon the story of a woman who is both a mysterious enigma and a fascinating person at the same time. The dance and electronic music goes along smoothly with the music collaboration of rihanna explaining the mysterious person in more detail.

Burning Desire by Lana Del Rey

2 of my Lana Del Rey reviews, one from December 12, 2014 (Ultraviolence) and the second from November 13,2012 (Paradise)
 Dramatic yet dauntless delray, December 12, 2014
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
I admit that I was curious to eventually purchase ultraviolence by lana del rey after reading in an interview where she admitted to wishing that she had already died. Please know that like millions of others, I wish a happy life for her regardless of how long she lives. However, her honest admission surprised me because I actually saw the positive in what she was saying. I am in the camp who does not believe that she was trying to advocate or endorse suicide. Instead, I interpreted her admission to imply that she just wanted to be real to her fans in expressing that her life is not as perfect as it appears to be. Too many times, I have seen article features where it appears that a celebrity feels pressured (maybe at the advice of their publicist and/or other members of their entourage)to make their life or how they feel more glamorous than it really is. In my eyes, lana del rey was only trying to make it clear that there is a lot more to how she is feeling in her life that lies underneath the beauty and wealth that she is known for. As a result, I purchased ultraviolence by lana del rey on October 11, 2014 as a way to hear a musical sound from someone who is valiantly truthful with how she is feeling in life. There are multiple fantastic songs on ultraviolence, in addition to west coast such as shades of cool, Brooklyn baby, pretty when you cry, track number 9, and old money. The only thing that I would gently mention is that I just wish that there were some high energy songs as well, such as the behind close doors music sample that I heard in early 2014. I understand that she probably wanted to avoid deviating too much from the music formula that her fans love and is on her other music tracks, especially because some of the tracks such as Gods and monsters from her born to die collection represent her one of a kind music voice. However, I just feel that 2-3 tracks in the music spirit similar to behind closed doors would add a quirky yet exciting dimension. Aside from that, ultraviolence by lana del rey is a musically strong cd.
 Lana Del Rey's Musical Heaven, November 13, 2012
I admit that I am a little late to the Lana Del Rey party but I'm glad to have witnessed her daring and emotionally provoking video for the "Ride" track. Many of the songs from Lana Del Rey evoke a 60's pop vibe with a modern-day twist. The best way to describe Paradise is a strong musical effort that is unique in a similar way of the "Boots" song by Nancy Sinatra. My favorite songs from Disc 1 are "Blue Jeans", "Video Games", "Dark Paradise", "Radio", "Million Dollar Man", and "Lucky Ones." "Ride", "American", "Blue Velvet", and "Gods & Monsters" and "Bel Air" are my favorites from disc 2. "Born To Die-The Paradise Edition" by Lana Del Rey is best for those who enjoy vintage pop music.
643 Love’s On Fire by Tiesto feat. Suzanne Palmer

Amazon Review of Dogma movie from December 12, 2014
 Religious Parody?, December 12, 2014
This review is from: Dogma (DVD)
I admit that I was curious to check out the movie Dogma after seeing the film and the actor Alan Rickman referenced in the book Metatron; Invoking The Angel of God’s Presence by Rose Vanden Eynden (due to Alan Rickman as being referenced playing the part of Metatron). This movie was very entertaining to watch and had an all star cast. The film centers around a group of people and supernatural spirits that are being part of a plan to carry out the battle of good versus evil. They also have to stop two angels named Loki (Matt Damon) and Bartleby (Ben Affleck) who are tired of their earth based lives in Wisconsin and yearn to return to the heavenly realms. Some of the other main characters of the film are Linda Florentino as Bethany Sloane, Chris Rock as Rufus the 13th apostle, Salma Hayek as Serendipity, Jason Lee as Azrael, Kevin Smith as Silent Bob, a brief appearance of Alanis Morissette as God, Janeane Garofolo as a coworker of Bethany Sloane and obviously more actors/actresses are also in the film. There are some shocking but debatable discussion scenes in the movie such as when the 13th apostle falls from the sky and some of the characters are portrayed having to show ‘proof’ why they are genderless. Additionally, I am glad to have had the chance to watch Dogma. However, the movie sends a message that a being (whether human or celestial) is pretty much stuck in whatever place they reside in. Yes, I understand that it is only entertainment, but I have been fortunate to have been exposed to reading material that implies that a spirit can always move up from where they are (even if they have already crossed over and temporarily ended up in the lower realms). I would rather avoid discussing further such a controversial topic on this movie review that belongs on another post (especially since Dogma is an enjoyable movie), but I have to credit exposure to multiple afterlife books for contributing to my ideas on the belief that spirits can move up even in the afterlife.


No comments:

Post a Comment