Sunday, April 3, 2016

Back In The Saddle Metaphorically Speaking Eating, Intuitive Thoughts and Excercise Diary as of Sunday April 3, 2016

miles walked today; I walked a total of at least 7 miles because I walked from my apartment to the College Park Maryland university metro and back

my meal modified plan from one of the authors (Tori Avey) that I used in my eating plan; to be shared within the next hour-the ingredients i modified in using it

http://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/2012/10/healthy-mediterranean-tuna-salad/

Healthy Mediterranean Tuna Salad


The author and article that encouraged and motivated me to stick to journaling my excercise and weight loss that i originally found on the msn website

http://mom.me/lifestyle/29836-small-ways-eat-your-way-fit/


from 1201 am until 1159 pm Sunday April 3, 2016

my husband made a shake consisting of vanilla ice cream, archer farms peppermint cocoa mix, swiss mix cocoa mix, a banana
i had some cherry twizzler, it was about equal to one or two regular cherry twizzler lengths

1 can of genova tuna in olive oil made from the recipe from Tori Avey's site, with a few substitutions that I'm about to include in less than 3 minutes
parmesan cheese wedge
my husband made some baked wheat flatbread with garlic salt and olive oil and shared it with me, I also had some wheat flatbread with olive oil, cinnamon sugar, butter and honey

at least 32 ounces of water today flavored with lemon packets, a bottle water and a 12 ounce Tropicana orange juice bought from cvs, 

2 bananas

Tori Avey's Mediterranean Tuna recipe link, and my write ins on where I made some tailored changes for myself. However, I'm still grateful that Tori Avey publicly shared her tuna recipe because I'm thankful to have found a tuna prototype recipe that is easy to make, is affordable for my budget, and something that I can easily see myself eating even as my financial income increases;

http://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/2012/10/healthy-mediterranean-tuna-salad/

Ingredients

  • 1 can (5 oz) water packed tuna, drained (if you're not worried about the healthy fat content, get the Italian olive oil packed tuna in jars-- the flavor is terrific!)-I prefer to buy the tuna cans with olive oil such as Genova Tuna in olive oil or Starkist Tuna in olive oil and just mix the olive oil from the can and tuna together in a bowl, in addition to adding more olive oil for tasting from what I purchase
  • 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil-at least two spoonfuls of basil, either fresh or the refrigerated kind ideally
  • at least two cut-up sweet pickles, but can use regular pickles too- I forgot whether i used 2 or 3 pickles but at least two pickles are fine
  • 1 finely chopped scallion - green part only (optional)-but regular cut onion can be used as well
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice, or lime juice or more to taste-add at least two spoonfuls-regular spoon size
  • Extra virgin olive oil to taste-I add at least two spoonfuls 
  • at least two spoonfuls of cut-up cilantro
  • Salt and pepper to taste-I didn't add salt and pepper for my latest batch
Total Time: 5 Minutes
Servings: 2
Kosher Key: Pareve

Pour the tuna in a small mixing bowl. Use a fork to break the tuna chunks into very small pieces.
Add the basil, pickles and lemon juice to the bowl. Use the fork to stir all the ingredients together till well mixed.
Add extra virgin olive oil to moisten the tuna to your liking
See the full post:http://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/2012/10/healthy-mediterranean-tuna-salad/#plS4zmKIz65BR1FS.99

See the full post:http://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/2012/10/healthy-mediterranean-tuna-salad/#plS4zmKIz65BR1FS.99

See the full post:http://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/2012/10/healthy-mediterranean-tuna-salad/#plS4zmKIz65BR1FS.99

See the full post:http://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/2012/10/healthy-mediterranean-tuna-salad/#plS4zmKIz65BR1FS.99


No comments:

Post a Comment